Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch sometimes collects personal information from its customers in the course of its business activities.
The following is an overview of how we handle such personal information:
1. Basic Approach to Handling Personal Information
We comply fully with the laws of the United Kingdom relating to personal data protection.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch has personal information protection policies and procedural controls to ensure legal compliance including, without limitation, personal data security. We work constantly to improve and maintain the system while at the same time widely communicating our personal information protection policies to all company personnel (including board members, regular employees, part-time employee
2. Collecting Personal Information
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch collects personal information by legal and fair means only.
3. The Personal Information We Collect
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch uses the personal information we receive from you in response to your enquiries and in the negotiation and (strictly subject to contract) the execution of contracts and transactions concluded between you and Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch may be entrusted by a client company to process personal information. In such cases, we may make use of your personal information as instructed by the client company and retain the information until returning it to the client company or deleting it from our system.
We may at times acquire commercially-available lists or directories.
In any event, Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch will not collect, use or provide to any third party any sensitive personal information such as the following without your consent.
• Personal philosophies, beliefs or religion
• Race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, physical/mental disabilities, criminal records or other information that may lead to social discrimination
• Workers' right to organise, collective bargaining or other collective activities
• Participation in demonstrations, petitions or the exercising of other political rights
• Health or medical treatment
4. How We Use your Personal Information
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch may use your personal information to provide you with relevant information that may be of interest to you, such as information on our products, services and solutions to the extent permissible by applicable law.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch may at times be entrusted by a client company to process information or perform other such activities on its behalf. The personal information we obtain as a result will be used only for the activities with which we are entrusted. Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch will not use personal information we receive from you for purposes other than those specified at the time of collection. However, we may use the information to—without personally identifying individuals—gather statistical data on the number of visitors our website receives, sales volume and information on how visitors navigate through our website.
5. When We Disclose or Provide your Personal Information to Third Parties
As a rule, Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch does not disclose or provide the personal information we receive from you to any third party, except in the following cases:
1) When we have your consent.
2) When we employ a third party to handle all or part of the personal information we have collected, to perform services that are necessary to achieve our objectives.
3) When personal information is provided in conjunction with the succession of business resulting from a merger or other transfers of business.
4) When personal information is jointly utilised with specified persons (refer to the Joint Use of Personal Information section).
5) When we are required by law to do so.
6) When it is necessary to do so to protect the life, body or property of people and obtaining your consent is difficult.
7) When it is necessary to do so to improve public health or promote the welfare or well-being of children and obtaining your consent is difficult.
8) Where we are required to meet legal obligations applicable to us and to respond to requests from law enforcement agencies and regulators, and /or when it is necessary to cooperate with national agencies, local governments, or their consigned parties in the execution of legally-prescribed business, but where obtaining your consent may hinder execution of the said business.
9) To stop the provision of personal information to third parties without customer consent.
It may at times be necessary for Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch to provide personal information received from customers to third parties such as Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch affiliates.
Please click here for more information about the personal information we provide to third parties as well as the methods of provision and how to request a stop to such provision.
6. How We Protect your Personal Information
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch employs administrative, technical, personal and physical safeguards to protect your personal information.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch employs necessary safety measures and takes necessary corrective actions to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, destruction, alteration or leakage. However, please be reminded that there is no fail-proof technology that can prevent illegal access to personal information.
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch employees receive regular education on safeguarding personal information.
In cases when companies hired by Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch to provide services on our behalf are commissioned to handle personal information, we select appropriate contractors and require them to sign all necessary agreements concerning the handling of personal information. We also employ all safety measures required by law.
Collection of personal information through our website:
• Encryption When we collect personal information through our website, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to ensure safe transmission of your personal information.
• Web beacons The Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK Branch website uses web beacons in some instances. A web beacon is a technology that is commonly used in conjunction with cookies. By using web beacons, we can assess the number of times you visit our website from your computer and compile aggregated statistics about your usage of our website. We use web beacons mainly to help us improve the products and support services we offer. We do not use web beacons to collect personal information from you, but by refusing to receive cookies, you can also reject web beacons.
7. Joint Use of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with other Mitsubishi Electric group companies, agents and sub-contractors or independent sales channels to respond to any enquiry raised through the Site where we reasonably consider that the enquiry can be dealt with more effectively by that entity.
Please click here for more information about the extent to which we jointly use personal information.
8. Questions Concerning Personal Information
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V.- UK Branch is registered at the UK Data Protection Registry with registration number Z6943649.
If you have any questions about Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. - UK Branch’s use of your personal information or wish to exercise any of your rights under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998, including your right to obtain details of your personal information that we hold and process, please contact:Data ProtectionMitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. – UK BranchTravellers LaneHatfieldHertsAL10 8XBUnited Kingdom
Mitsubishi Electric Europe B.V. is a Netherlands limited liability company with a registered English branch (number FC019156, BR003391) and trading from Travellers Lane, Hatfield, Herts., AL10 8XB.